DIY, Natural Cleaning - Using Essential Oils
So green cleaning - such a buzz word nowadays but in actual fact, a clean home and work environment is fundamental for health and wellbeing. Your environment plays a huge role in your immune systems ability to thrive, so I have put together some tips on how you can provide and easy boost by adding essential oils into your everyday life.
Why Essential Oils?
- Natural and safe to use in the home
- Potent, powerful, and effective
- Alternative to cleaning products with dangerous toxins and chemicals
- Offers versatile options for cleaning
- Creates a clean, inviting aroma
One of the most appealing things about using essential oils for cleaning, is that they come from natural sources and, when used appropriately, can be safely used around the entire family.
Essential oils are extracted from plant parts and carefully curated to preserve the potent properties of the oil. When you use essential oils for cleaning, you are relying on the natural chemical components found in the oil to provide the cleansing and purifying power.
Whether you prefer to use natural cleaning products, worry about keeping your family safe, or just want peace of mind, essential oils are a wonderful natural cleaning solution to use around the home.
Many of the cleaning products on the market today are full of powerful yet potentially dangerous chemicals and toxins. While these products claim to provide effective cleansing benefits, they often contain synthetic chemicals and questionable ingredients! No-one wants their kiddo rolling around on chemical and toxic residue left over by these cleaners!
Don’t stress, I am here to help and show you the way!
What to stock up on?
Here are my recommendations for your natural cleaning cupboard. All fantastic for cleansing, purifying and degreasing your home:
Single Essential Oils
- Tea Tree
- All the citruses - Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lime
- Cinnamon Bark
- OnGuard - immune boosting and protecting blend
*MUST HAVES: Tea Tree, Lemon, Lavender and both doTERRA blends.
NOTE: Thyme and Oregano are the best antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral essential oils our there, so for germs be gone - add them in small quantities in all DIY cleaning products.
Other useful ingredients when making your own natural cleaning agents at home:
- White vinegar - Contains helpful cleansing properties. Useful for cleaning grease and mineral deposits.
- Baking soda - Useful for absorbing and eliminating odors, and cleansing surfaces in the home.
- Salt - Known as an effective scrubbing agent. Useful for cleaning stains and greasy messes.
- Castile soap - Helpful for lifting dirt, stains, and grease.
MY TOP 3 RECIPES FOR GENERAL, ALL ROUND CLEANING...
1. All-Purpose Cleaning Spray
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 10 drops Tea Tree oil
- 10 drops OnGuard
- 10 drops Lemon oil
- 10 drops Lavender
- In a spray bottle, combine water and vinegar.
- Add essential oil(s) of choice. Shake well.
- Use on counters, wood, glass, stainless steel, and porcelain.
- Wipe with a microfiber cloth or paper towel.
2. DIY Sink and Shower Scrub Rub
- ¾ rounded cup baking soda
- ¼ cup unscented liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 15 drops Lemon oil
- 10 drops Tea Tree oil
- 5 drops Lavender
- In bowl, combine baking soda and castile soap.
- Add water and stir.
- Add vinegar and essential oil. The consistency should be a soft paste.
- Apply to the area you would like to clean, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- After the solution has had a chance to sit, begin scrubbing. Once done scrubbing, take a wet cloth and wipe clean.
Note: Make in small batches and store in an airtight container. This is enough for two to four applications.
3. Essential Oil Wood and Surface Polish
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 10 drops dōTERRA® essential oils Wild Orange AND Lemon
- Add 10 drops of essential oil.
- Shake well before each use.
- Apply to microfiber cloth and wipe wood surfaces clean. Repeat every 2–3 months or as often as needed.
Where to find me?
Interested to learn more, get doTERRA oils into your home or to book a complimentary, private wellness consult?
Reach out to email@example.com or what’s app +971563985904.
Shop my boutique roller blends using doTERRA oils on It’s Her Way - link here.